Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Spring Events are in the Air

Best Sportswomen of the Week: Sigma Delta Tau
Phi Sigma Sigma. Winners of Toga
 If you've been around campus the last two weeks you know that there are events going on everywhere! I know I have enjoyed the last two weeks! After Spring Break I got to attend Greek Week which was a great week of events and seeing the over 600 Greek students competing and having fun was just awesome! On April 20th I had the honor of participating in the Holocaust Remembrance Day (video here) with Hofstra Hillel.

On April 28-29 I spent 8 hours on the intramural field with the Hofstra community raising money (over $106,000 at this point!!!!) to fight cancer and walking in honor and memory of family and friends and their struggle against cancer. Relay for Life was awesome. Each year this event grows and this year was no exception. There were over 100 teams, 1000 participants and they met their goal of raising over $100,000. This year's Relay committee was unstoppable!

Monday about 35 students and I watched The Voice in Hof USA to support Erin Willett (HU Alum '11) in the top 8. She put on an awesome performance and we were able to vote and hang out together watching the show by the fireplace. I am heading out tonight to see the ALFSA Yard Show at Hof  USA feel free to stop by around 8pm to this free open event. The Yard Show is an informal performance by the African and Latino Fraternities and Sororities on campus.
Willie and I at Relay!
Shane competing for 2012 Mr. Relay! (Relay for Life)
Friday is the Strictly Steppin' show in the Physical Education Building at 7pm and the Hofstra Gospel Ensemble's final performance of the year in the Student Center Theater. Then Saturday at 12pm doors will open for Music Fest (hosted by EU  , SGA and Hofstra Concerts). Hope to see you out on the Intramural Fields on Saturday May 5 and don't forget to bring your student ID. There will be food, carnival rides, activities and great music. Starting that day is Senior Week which is going to be a ton of fun for all of our seniors including a dinner cruise in Manhattan, a trip to Six Flags and much more!

The following day is the Dutch Festival which is free for students so, if you have the opportunity to stop by please do so. It's always a beautiful event and this year there will be a plant sale that you can purchase beautiful plants at for that special person (don't forget Mother's Day is the following Sunday!) Midnight Breakfast is Monday, May 14th starting at 10pm in the back of the Student Center Main Dining area. This is a great tradition that gives you that extra boost of energy you need while staying up late studying and completing papers and projects! There are many Stress Buster events hosted by OSLA that give students the opportunity to relieve stress during finals preparation. Some other events (massage, food breaks and study sessions) are highlighted on the OSLA main page so, check them out! I hope you are enjoying the last few weeks of the Spring Semester as much as I have and I hope to see you out at these (and more) great events!

0 comments:

Post a Comment