· Start the year off American Idol style! The Office of Student Leadership and Activities will be hosting Karaoke starting January 31 from 7 p.m. – 9 p.m. at HofUSA in the Upper Level.
· Are your ready for some football! Check out The SOUPerbowl Viewing Party on Sunday, February 2 at 6 p.m. at HofUSA in the Upper Level. Everything from soup, chili, and wings will be served while watching the championship game. Plus, it’s FREE!
· Go for the gold (and blue) during the Fitness Center’s First Friday: The HofLYMPICS on Friday, February 7 at 7 p.m. Watch the first night of the Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia, on the big screen, while partaking in some of your own "Olympic-style" events and games! Mark your calendar for more First Fridays on March 7, April 4 and May 2 taking place at HofUSA in the Upper Level at 7 p.m. Also, be sure to check the Office Student Leadership and Activities’ website for details on First Friday programming and special guests.
· Love dodgeball? Join in on the Heart Health Week of festivities on February 22 at the Fitness Center for the Dodgeball Tournament from 2 – 8 p.m. If you would like to learn more about other weekly fitness activities check back next week on the Student Life Blog for more on the Fitness Center’s spring events.
· Break the ice on February 8 with other students and go for a spin of Ice Skating in Bryant Park. This is part of Hofstra’s E.N.D. Trips. The trip includes VIP line skip, skate rental and bag check. Sign up for the trip begins on Wednesday, January 29th, 2014 at 11:30 a.m. at the OSLA Table at the Spring Involvement Fair, in the Mack Student Center Main Dining Room.
· Meet and play with a basketball legend himself, Speedy Claxton at the 'All-Star Basketball' Event in the Hofstra Fitness Center on February 28 from 7 – 9 p.m. Former NBA player, Hofstra Alumni and current Assistant Coach of Hofstra Men's Basketball, Speedy Claxton, will share his personal story and discuss how his career was inspired by many facets of integrity, ethics and leadership. In addition to Speedy Claxton's appearance, the Fitness Center will host an "All-Star Basketball" event for students, featuring several basketball competitions and challenges, including a finale 3-point contest between the winner of the contest and Speedy Claxton himself.
· Go see one of the most talked about shows, Newsies on Broadway on March 1 with Hofstra’s E.N.D. Trips. This Tony awarding winning play will be sure to please. Sign up for the trip begins on Wednesday, February 19 at 11:30 a.m. in 260 Mack Student Center. Space is limited and sign-ups are on a first come first served basis, so hurry over!
· Hofstra’s E.N.D Trips have one of the hottest tickets in town to the Brooklyn Nets Game at Barclays Center on March 9 at 6 p.m. Get one of the most coveted seats to see the Brooklyn Nets play against the Sacramento Kings this March! Space is limited so be sure to sign up on Wednesday, February 26 at 11:30 a.m. in 260 Mack Student Center.
· Visit what the New York Times calls “The Woodstock of eating” at Smorgasburg –A Brooklyn Flea Market on April 5 with Hofstra E.N.D Trips. You will explore one of the most talked about flea markets with over 100 vendors ready to serve you food, beverages and more. Sign up for the trip begins on Wednesday, March 26 at 11:30 a.m. in 260 Mack Student Center.
· Do you love cars? Motorcycles? Well Hofstra’s E.N.D. Trips has you covered at the NY International Auto Show at Jacob Javitz Center. See almost every make and model of vehicles sold in the U.S. all under one roof. Sign up for the trip begins on Wednesday, April 9 at 11:30 a.m. in 260 Mack Student Center.
If you would like to learn more about Student Affairs’ upcoming events check back on our Student Life Blog and visit Hofstra’s event calendar here. You can also find out more about Hofstra’s E.N.D. trips by contacting the Office of Student Leadership and Activities (OSLA) at 516-463-6914 or visit the OSLA website here.
*Please note that the event dates listed above are subject to change.