Congratulations on beginning your final undergraduate year at Hofstra! You will be notified about necessary steps toward graduation several times through your Hofstra Pride email account. Don't forget to meet your advisement dean; he or she will help you read your degree audit report and see if you are on track to graduation. Below is a summary of steps toward graduation.
1. Once you complete 90 credits (attain a senior status) you are emailed and told to apply for graduation. Deadlines to apply for graduation are:
For May Graduation: Candidates must file by October 1. If the application is received after October 1, there is a $25 fee. If the application is received later than March 1, there is a $50 fee.
For August Graduation: Candidates must file by March 1. If the application is received after March 1, there is a $25 fee. If the application is received later than August 15, there is a $50 fee.
For December Graduation: Candidates must file by May 1. If the application is received after May 1, there is a $25 fee. If the application is received after October 1, there is a $50 fee.
If you believe that you are a senior and have not received any notifications about graduation, please contact your advisement dean. The Center for University Advisement is at 516-463-6770.
2. The Commencement Office will send several emails to you about graduation fairs and commencements. You can then order your cap and gowns and ask about announcements and rings. The Midyear Commencement Graduation Fair will be Wednesday, October 2, 2013 in the Mack Student Center Atrium from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., and the Spring Commencement Graduation Fair is tentatively scheduled for Wednesday, February 12, 2014 in the Student Center Atrium from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
3. Cap and gown can be ordered through the portal. To confirm graduation ceremony attendance and order caps and gowns, visit hofstra.edu/academicattire. You will need to log into Hofstra portal and follow the easy online instructions, carefully check the order, and click submit. An order confirmation and the graduation information will display. Orders for academic attire must be received by November 15 for Midyear Commencement and April 18 for Spring Commencement.
4. You should check your Hofstra pride e-mail account to learn the dates for the Nexus Yearbook photo sessions. For questions concerning senior portraits, taken by Island Photography, please e-mail email@example.com. You will have an opportunity to schedule yearbook pictures at the Graduation Fair, dates and times listed above.
5. The robe distribution for the Midyear Commencement takes place on Wednesday and Thursday, December 18 and December 19 between the hours of 10 a.m. and 8 p.m. in the Student Center Plaza Rooms, for the Midyear Commencement, and Wednesday and Thursday, May 14 and May 15 between the hours of 10 a.m. and 8 p.m. in the Mack Student Center Plaza Rooms for the Spring Commencement. You will be asked to bring your Hofstra ID card to pick up the cap and gown.
6. The Midyear Commencement is on Sunday, December 22, 2013, 11:30 a.m. The date for the Spring 2014 Undergraduate Commencement Ceremony is Sunday, May 18, 2014, 9 a.m. (Hofstra School of Liberal Arts and Sciences, School of Education, and School of Health Sciences and Human Services) and 1:30 p.m. (Lawrence Herbert School of Communication, Zarb School of Business, and School of Engineering and Applied Science). More information about both December (Mid-year) and May Commencements is at hofstra.edu/commencement.
When you meet with your advisement dean, you will be advised of all graduation deadlines. If your are unsure who your advisement dean is, the name appears at the top of your degree audit report. Or just email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Post a Comment