Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Glitter and newspaper and chicken wire, oh my!

For those of you who have no clue what I’m talking about, I’ll give you a hint: I’m referring to a longstanding Hofstra fall tradition……Okay, before your attention “floats” away, I’ll tell you…..I just came from the Fall Festival float building that’s currently going on in the Multipurpose Room in the Student Center. Every year I am amazed at how our students take a simple idea and some everyday items and turn them into masterpieces for us to marvel over during the Parade of Floats. I’m always blown away by the creativity you all bring to this process, and I’m sure this year will be no exception. For 2011, the theme is “90s Television Shows.” Though I must admit, I didn’t watch most of the shows that the teams selected (I was more of a 90210/Melrose Place/Friends/Seinfeld fan myself), I’m excited to see how the student groups will bring these TV shows to life through their floats.

As co-chair of the 2011 Fall Festival committee, I’m really excited for ALL of the events that will be going on throughout the weekend. From the King and Queen Showcase, Hofstra’s Got Talent, athletic events, Vibe Live Concert and Carnival, Grucci fireworks, to the Out Loud Comedy Show with Louis C.K., there is sure to be something for everyone. This is a great time for all of us within the Hofstra community- students, family members, alumni, and staff - to come out and show their Hofstra PRIDE! I look forward to seeing you this weekend!

0 comments: