P: Personal and Social Responsibility
- "Taking personal responsibility means being more independent, not having to rely so much on others." - Jeremy Arndt, Class of 2016
- "As a leader on campus, I know that my decisions are my personal and social responsibility because they affect not only me but others on campus as well." - Gabriella Muñoz, Class of 2016
- "It means respecting everyone around you, no matter who you are." - Parth Tailor, Class of 2015
- "You get what you give, and when you give someone respect they give it back." - Olivia Konstantinidis, Class of 2016
- "Have respect for your peers, teachers and self." - Leah Sax, Class of 2016
- "Integrity means doing the right thing even when it isn't popular with others." - Jessica Spitzer-Rubenstein, Class of 2015
- "To me, integrity means being willing to take responsibility for yourself and the community you exist in." - Baqiyyah "June" Ramadhan, Class of 2014
|Hofstra Senior, Chris Simms, shows off his Pride|
with a new P.R.I.D.E. Week t-shirt.
- "As an international student, I really hope that people can understand our diversity. We are of different races, different backgrounds and some of us come from different countries. I love New York for being such a diverse city, and Hofstra for being such a diverse school." - Crystal Lee, Graduate Student, Zarb School of Business
- "To me diversity means getting together with all different people of different backgrounds, and that is very important to me." - Jonathan Liu, Class of 2013
- "I am from China, and if there is not diversity and community we cannot incorporate our culture, nor can we appreciate the other cultures of people we meet here." - Kexin Chen, Graduate Student, Zarb School of Business
- "When you travel from one place to another, whether for school or something else, you need to be able to freely express yourself with other people so you can connect." - Huan Yang, Graduate Student, Zarb School of Business
|International students from the Frank Zarb School of Business|
pose with P.R.I.D.E. Week swag.
Thank you all for your responses, and for showing us your Pride! We can't wait for P.R.I.D.E. Week 2014!