Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Come for Dinner!

Each semester, I invite students over to my house for what has become known as the Dinner and Discussion Series. The Dinner and Discussion Series provides an informal and relaxed setting—my home—where we share a meal and talk about specific topics relevant to student life at Hofstra.
I'd like to invite you to join me this semester in discussing one (or more) of the topics below.
Dinner Themes for Fall 2013:
LIVING ON CAMPUS

MONDAY, OCTOBER 28, 6 p.m.

Last year more than a thousand events were held in the residence halls, and the renovation of the final two towers was completed this summer. What would you like to see next?  How can we enrich the on-campus living experience for undergraduate students and help build a sense of community on campus?  

WEEKENDS AT HOFSTRA -- A Social Life Beyond the Turnpike

WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 13, 6 P.M.

An active social life can be about much more than the Turnpike. Tell us what your thoughts are about weekend programs and events and what you'd like to see on campus.
THE HOFSTRA EXPERIENCE

THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 14, 6 p.m.

What does that mean to you? What skills do you expect to possess as you pursue Pride and Purpose after graduation?  Are you actively developing those skills, and if so, how?  What further assistance do you need to achieve your goals?
To RSVP, click here (you will be prompted to sign in to the portal if you aren't already), then select the check boxes for the dinner/s you would like to attend. You can also access this page by logging in to the portal (my.hofstra.edu), clicking the "student" tab, and selecting "Dinner and Discussion Series" from the navigation menu on the left. This semester, space is limited to the first 25 undergraduate students who R.S.V.P.!
Space is limited, so sign up early!  If you have any questions you can email studentaffairs@hofstra.edu.
Best,
Sandy

Sandra S. Johnson, Ed.D

Vice President for Student Affairs

0 comments:

Post a Comment