- Take the time to become familiar with your surroundings, and to plan an escape in the event of a fire.
- You can increase your chance of surviving a fire or an emergency by being prepared. If a fire breaks out you have to get out fast.
- To prepare, sit down with your housemates and discuss an escape plan. Be sure that everyone knows an unobstructed exit – doorways to stairs, stairs to outside – from every room.
- Decide on a meeting place outside where everyone will meet after they escape.
- Be sure to practice your escape plan at least twice a year.
Office Off Campus Living and Commuting Student Services